A forklift mast is the vertical assembly that lifts, lowers and sometimes tilts the load and the fork. Forklift Singapore not only sell forklifts, we also have forklift masts for sale, plus other parts and accessories.
We offer a wide range of masts for forklifts of varying sizes, so that no matter the dimensions of your work area, factory or warehouse, Forklift Singapore are bound to have something to suit you. If you’re looking for a forklift mast for sale in Singapore, contact us today.
Types of Forklift Mast
Forklift masts are usually categorised according to the number of forklift carriages and the types of lift mechanism.
Types of Forklift Carriage
The carriages on a forklift mast are flat metal plates which are moved by chains along the mast, if they are not attached to the hydraulic cylinder. They are supported by the mast, allowing its vertical movement. The number of carriages indicates how many ‘stages’ there are within a forklift mast. There are three common types:
– Duplex (stage 2) – This type of mast has two sections: a stationary outer section, and an inner section to raise and elevate the forks and carriage.
– Triplex (stage 3) – With three sections consisting of one outer rail and two inner rails, as the mass elevates higher, the two inner rails raise from outside to inside. This type of mast has a shorter lowered height so it can fit through doorways.
– Quad (stage 4) – This forklift mast has four sections comprising one outer rail and three inner rails. As it is raised, all four sections are raised from outside to inside. This mast is used for areas with low height restrictions because it has the shortest lowered height according to its lift.
Types of Lift Mechanism
There are two common types of lift mechanism within most forklifts: standard and full free lift.
– Standard Lift – This type of mast allows the driver to have maximum visibility because of the gap between the outside of the carriage. Yet when the forks move, the mast must move also.
– Full Free Lift – The forks can be lifted on this type of forklift mast without the mast needing to be raised. This is useful when operating the mast in slim overhead height restrictions, yet the level of visibility isn’t as great, as a hydraulic ram needs to be situated in the mast’s centre for it to operate.
Quality Forklift Masts
With Forklift Singapore, you can be safe in the knowledge that all of our forklift masts are the best quality available. Our forklift equipment comes from world renowned manufacturers who are experts in their field, so you can trust your forklift mast will perform as expected.
We test our masts for energy efficiency so that your company can benefit from reduced expenses.
Whatever type of mast you need and for whatever purpose, Forklift Singapore will have something for you.
Singapore Forklift Masts Experts
Forklift Singapore stock a wide variety of quality forklift masts that perform to the best standards. We have duplex, triplex and quad masts, as well as standard and full free lift masts.
Duplex masts have two sections, triplex three and quad four, with the quad being the most suitable for use in areas with tighter height restrictions.
Standard lift masts allow full driver visibility, while the forks can be raised on full free lift masts without the mast needing to be raised.
Whichever one you choose, you can be assured of the highest performance and quality. Contact us for a free quotation on forklift masts now!